So today we are going to talk about characteristics of a godly woman and if you are a woman, what you should strive for, and maybe if you are a guy, if you're a man of God what you should look for in a woman. I'm really excited to Tell you guys about the characteristics that I come up with and what I personally strive to obtain. I have five here, so, let's get into it.
1. So my first characteristic is that she's lost in the Lord. Matthew 6 says that we should seek first, his kingdom and his righteousness. A woman lost in the Lord means that she knows her Worth and that she isn't finding her worth in worldly things, she's seeking the Lord first and striving to know him better each day having this characteristic is so important because, like I said, you learn how to Not try to find your value in worldly things like relationships or like physical possessions, because you know the hope that the Lord promises - and you know that he'll work. Everything out for your good you'll know that he is a promise keeper that he is a way maker. You'll be confident in him, and his word says that the Lord's people are joyful people and who doesn't want to be joyful. So, yes, number one is that she is lost in the Lord.
2. She Glorifies the Lord through her actions and through the way that she speaks. Matthew 5:16 says let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly father. We are called to do everything to give to the Lord glory and speaking love and acting out in a way that glorifies him is a characteristic of someone who is chasing after the Lord. So are you doing stuff in secret? That goes against what God wants us to do. Are you speaking in a way that doesn't show others love? This could lead others astray, because they might start thinking that if you're doing something that goes against God's Word, then it's okay for them to do it when, in reality, that's not true. We can't be leading others astray when we're supposed to be making disciples characteristic.
3. She loves like Jesus. So if you're looking for an awesome example for how we should love check out 1st Corinthians 13:4 through 5, it says
love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way, it is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
I'm sure you guys all know those little Facebook or Instagram post. That says, replace love with your name and when you do that, does that match up like? Is that true or not? So that's a really good exercise to do and it really lets the Holy Spirit convicts you because I sure definitely am trying to still strive for all of those points. My name definitely does not fit into all of them, and that's why we should strive to get lost in the Lord and to know him and gain that wisdom and understanding from him, because he'll help us with that characteristic.
4. She strives to obtain the fruits of the spirit. So the fruits of the spirit are found in Galatians 5 verse 22 and they are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Of course, just like trying to obtain the characteristics from first Corinthians 13:4 through five, these will be just as hard but, like I said, when we are chasing after the Lord, he will help us and the characteristics for the fruits of the spirit aren't just going to Come just like that, that's why I said striving like you're aiming towards it. You're trying your hardest and these characteristics will definitely bring you a closer to the Lord and characteristic number five is that she knows where her worth lies. I really like 1st Peter 3 verse. 3 and 4 verses 3 & 4. For this point these say don't be concerned about outward beauty of fancy: hairstyles, expensive, jewelry or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God, clothing and growing. Our spirit with the wisdom and understanding that we gain from having that oneness with the Lord. Having that amazing relationship with him, that is, what's so precious to God, not what you dress yourself with on the outside, not how you look on the outside the Lord says. I want you to cleanse your heart and be beautiful there, and I just think that that is so awesome, because it's so any woman, younger woman, older women, are worried about how they look on the outside. How their physique looks whether or not they're attracting enough guys or whatever, and it's totally okay, to want to look presentable to want to look nice. But when you're putting your worth on that. Instead, of your worth on your heart posture and where that's at with the Lord, then I think that you should switch around your priorities in that area. I also really like proverbs 31 verse 30, and that says charm is deceptive, and beauty does not.
5. A woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. I just think that that's so beautiful that we don't have to look a certain way to please the Lord, because he already delights in us. He already loves us, so these were my characteristics of a godly woman. These are some characteristics that I'm working on myself, if you guys have any other characteristics that you're working on or that you've mastered. If you will go ahead and share them in the comment section so that I can read them, and so that others can read them as well.