Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes: 8 servings
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown 4 chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
SOURCE: Taste of Home