The need ( or a lot of times want) to feed yourself, is one of the strongest and most basic drives that a person has. And it’s one of the first drives you get. When you were a baby, and you got hungry, you cried and cried until you ate. No matter what time it was. Anybody can have a normal life as long as they are eating when they need to. But if we go without food for a long time your body starves to death. Well, we have to understand that spiritual hunger works just like physical hunger. Yahweh the creator designed the human heart to hunger and thirst after him. But see what happens is we try to satisfy our spiritual hunger with the things of this world and that won't work. I’m talking about things like:
Only Yahweh can satisfy the hunger of the human heart. This is what he is teaching us with the Table of the Showbread in Exodus. 25:23-30. It teaches that Yahweh is the only one who can provide whatever is needed to meet the hunger of man.
The bread of the Presence, AKA showbread or shewbread was special bread that was always present on a table in the tabernacle, and the temple. Lev.24:5-9 teaches us that there were 12 loaves of bread to be made of unleavened flour and arranged in rows of 6. The 12 loaves represented the 12 tribes of Israel and were A constant reminder to the priest that they served the people of Israel.
“Blessed are they which do hunger, and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6
4. The showbread is also an image of Yahshua (Jesus) as the Bread of Life. Scripture teaches us that he is the living bread who came from heaven to satisfy the hunger of a person’s soul.
“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst (Jn. 6:35)
5. The showbread teaches us that Yahweh himself is the spiritual and mental nourishment that man we really need. We try too hard to live our life apart from Yahweh’s provision and presence.
The world’s system claims we can...
There is nothing that can replace our need for Yahweh. It is Yah and Yah alone that truly nourishes and satisfies our hungry soul.
6. When we study The showbread, we see the great need of people for the bread of God’s perseverance and worship. A constant spiritual and mental diet of unhealthy things will cause a person to become sick and unhealthy things like:
7. The nourishment that comes for a steady diet of prayer, Bible study, and being in the presence of Yahweh is the only thing that will cause your spirit to be healthy. The showbread shows us the true nourishment that we all desperately need, the bread…
Check out what Yeshua (Jesus) said about this bread?
8. The showbread highlights the spiritual need of man. We see this because the showbread sat in the tabernacle. That is the very place where spiritual needs were met. This truth was made clear by both Yahweh and his son.