Do not let a lack of self-confidence prevent you from living a fulfilling life and accomplishing your God-given destiny. Low self-esteem has its origin in fear. It is a tool used by the devil to stop you from being effective as a Christian and it manifests as depression, confusion, indecisiveness and lack of faith.
Low self-esteem comes as a result of focusing on the wrong things. If you choose to focus on negative circumstances-the bills that are due, your faults and shortcomings, not to mention the 6 o'clock news-you will be seriously depressed in a short amount of time. Here are 10 ways to boost self-esteem and have a faith-filled outlook on life:
1. Spend time giving God heartfelt praise. This puts your focus on Him and releases your faith in His ability to help you succeed.
2.Stop comparing yourself to others. God made you unique and you can never be your best when you are trying to be like someone else.
3. Meditate on scriptures that have the answers to what you want in life. This will cause you to expect good things.
4. Consistently speak positive, faith-filled words. You can not think negative thoughts while you are speaking positive things out of your mouth.
5. Don't say or think critical things about others. If you do, you may assume that others are criticizing you behind your back-not one of the best ways to build self-esteem.
6. Write out a vision for your life. Proverbs 29:18 says that people with no vision will perish. A vision will give you focus and cause you to be excited about life.
7. Learn to laugh at yourself when you make a mistake. Look at it as a learning opportunity rather than a reason to beat yourself up.
8. Exercise regularly. A good cardiovascular workout causes the brain to release chemicals that lead to feelings of well-being and a more positive outlook on life.
9. Look your best. Wearing stylish clothes that flatter your figure and getting your hair styled is a great way to improve self-esteem.
10. Laugh, have fun and hang out with positive people.
Low self-esteem will hinder or stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny. Take whatever steps are necessary to renew your mind and get rid of inferiority. Choose to walk by faith and be the confident person you were meant to be.